Medical Imaging Summer School: “Medical Imaging meets Machine Learning”
Favignana, Sicily, Italy, 31 July – 6 Aug 2016
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 31 March 2016
This 2nd edition of the International Medical Imaging Summer School aims to provide both an objective
and clear overview and an in-depth analysis of the state-of-the-art research at the interface of
Medical Imaging and Machine Learning. This school follows the very successful 1st edition
“Medical Imaging meets Computer Vision”, details of which can be found here: http://iplab.dmi.unict.it/miss14/
The courses will be delivered by world-renowned experts in the field, from both academia and industry,
and will provide insights into the various interfaces between Medical Imaging and Machine Learning,
by covering both theoretical and practical aspects, as well as examples of their successful commercialisation.
The school aims is aimed at early career researchers and Ph.D. students. The participants will benefit
from direct interaction and discussions with world leaders at the Medical Imaging / Machine Learning interface.
Participants will also have the opportunity to present the results of their research (with prize sponsored by GIRPR), and to interact with their
scientific peers, in a friendly and constructive environment.
CONFIRMED LIST OF SPEAKERS
– Nicholas Ayache, INRIA, France
– Marleen de Bruijne, University of Copenhagen, Denmark and Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands
– Ben Glocker, Imperial College London, United Kingdom
– Alison Noble, University of Oxford, United Kingdom
– Daniel Rueckert, Imperial College London, United Kingdom
– Raquel Urtasun, University of Toronto, Canada
– Andrea Vedaldi, University of Oxford, United Kingdom
– Max Welling, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
– William M. Wells III (aka Sandy Wells), Harvard Medical School and MIT CSAIL, USA
More speakers are coming soon.
– Roberto Cipolla, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
– Giovanni Maria Farinella, University of Catania, Italy
– Julia Schnabel, King’s College London, United Kingdom
– Filippo Stanco, University of Catania, Italy
MISS 2016 is Endorsed by MICCAI Society and GIRPR
MISS 2016 is Sponsored by Siemens and Brainlab